In 2010, “Super Lawyers” named Helmuth a “Rising Star”
in the practice area of DUI Defense. This award is given annually to the
top 2.5% of practicing attorneys in the State of Florida. Along with his
Justin K. Beckham, Helmuth’s hard work and DUI knowledge accounted for over 50 DUI
dismissals during the calendar year of 2010.
Helmuth Solis was born and raised in Miami, Florida where he has lived
all of his life. He graduated from Florida International University, with
honors, acquiring a Bachelor of Arts. He immediately proceeded to law
school, where he earned his law degree from the University of Miami, with honors.
After law school, Helmuth began his career in Criminal Law as an Assistant
State Attorney at the Miami-Dade State Attorney’s Office. As a DUI
Prosecutor, Helmuth quickly rose to the position of DUI training attorney,
where he trained other attorneys on the law relating to DUI. Now, as a
defense attorney, Helmuth uses his talent and knowledge to thoroughly
defend those accused of DUI.
Helmuth continues to refine his knowledge of DUI by actively attending
various seminars and workshops pertaining to DUI defense throughout the
nation and state. He strives to be up to date on all new case law and
issues relating to intoxilyzers, field sobriety exercises and unconstitutional stops.
- Former Miami-Dade Assistant State Attorney
- Former DUI Training Attorney, Miami-Dade State Attorney’s Office
- “Super Lawyers, Rising Star” in the practice area of DUI Defense, 2010
- Member, Florida Bar
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Cuban American Bar Association
- Member, Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (FACDL)
- Graduate, University of Miami School of Law