Justin K. Beckham
Since 2002, Justin K. Beckham has exclusively practiced Criminal Defense in Miami-Dade County. After earning the highest award in the University of Miami Moot Court program during law school, he joined the Office of the Miami-Dade County Public Defender. He successfully defended thousands of clients at the Juvenile, Misdemeanor, and Felony Levels, taking nearly 50 cases to trial and earning several acquittals. He began his own law practice in 2006, concentrating in criminal cases with a specialization in DUI Defense. Along with the work of his law partner, Helmuth Solis, Justin’s DUI knowledge and experience led to over 50 DUI dismissals during the calendar year of 2010.
Justin was included in the Super Lawyers® Rising Stars℠ list in the area of Criminal Defense and DUI from 2010 through 2012, an award bestowed to only the top 2.5% of practicing attorneys in the State of Florida. Furthermore, the attorney has also been accepted as a member of The National Advocacy for DUI Defense, LLC (or NAFDD). The exclusive organization is reserved for criminal defense lawyers who are recognized as being the United States' top DUI defense attorneys. Less than 1% of licensed lawyers in the state of Florida are members of NAFDD.
Justin K. Beckham is the only 4th generation trial lawyer in Miami-Dade County history. His great-grandfather, Walter H. Beckham, served as one of the first Juvenile Judges in Miami.
His grandfather, Walter H. Beckham Jr., is a Professor Emeritus at the University of Miami Law School, and served as President of the National Judicial College. His father, James K. Beckham, focuses his practice on personal injury litigation in Homestead, Florida. Justin is fully fluent in both written and spoken Spanish. He is a member of the American Bar Association, the Dade County Bar Association, and the Dade County Trial Lawyers Association. As a lawyer with extensive knowledge in DUI defense, Justin has been interviewed in the media about DUI-related topics. For examples, radio station 940 AM WINZ, The Sports Animal has turned to him for insight on DUI dos and don'ts.
Justin K. Beckham was born and raised in Miami, Florida, and graduated from Ransom Everglades High School in Coconut Grove, Florida. He received his undergraduate degree from Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia, and his law degree from both the University of Florida and the University of Miami.
- Former Assistant Miami-Dade County Public Defender
- Defended thousands of criminal cases at every level including Juvenile, Misdemeanor and Felony in Miami-Dade County
- Inclusion in the Super Lawyers® Rising Stars℠ list in the areas of Criminal Defense and DUI, 2010-2012
- Practicing criminal law exclusively in Miami-Dade County since 2002
- Member of Florida Bar since 2002
- Doctorate Degree from University of Florida and the University of Miami
- Undergraduate Degree from Emory University
- Member, The National Advocacy for DUI Defense, LLC (NAFDD)
- Member, Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (FACDL)
- Member, American Bar Association (ABA)
- Member, Cuban American Bar Association (CABA)
- Member, Dade County Trial Lawyers Association (DCTLA)
- Member, Dade County Bar Association (DCBA)
- Certified Operator/Technician of the Intoxilyzer 8000