Justin K. Beckham
I could not have asked for a better attorney.
I wish I could give Justin Beckham 10 stars. He is an outstanding, effective lawyer with superb, timely client communications. He was always there to answerr all my questions, walked me through the process, and took my case when I had less than 24 hours to get all documents complete and filed. He is someone I would gladly and proudly refer my friends to if they ever need help. He treats you as if you are his only client. He understands that when people come to him they are scared and confused, and he takes his time to explain all your options and suggests which one he feels would work best for you. I could not have asked for a better attorney.
“I am a 4th generation Miami attorney, born and raised. When we work together I will always be respectful, honest and guide you to the best result possible.”
Since 2002, Attorney Justin K. Beckham has exclusively practiced criminal defense in Miami-Dade County. After earning the highest award in the University of Miami Moot Court program during law school, he joined the Office of the Miami-Dade County Public Defender.
He successfully defended thousands of clients at the Juvenile, Misdemeanor, and Felony Levels, taking nearly 50 cases to trial and earning several acquittals. He began his own law practice in 2006, concentrating on criminal cases.
Accolades & Credentials
Justin was selected for inclusion in the Super Lawyers® list in the areas of criminal defense and DUI from 2010 through 2012 and in 2015, an award bestowed to only the top 2.5% of practicing attorneys in the State of Florida. Furthermore, he has also been accepted as a member of The National Advocacy for DUI Defense, LLC (or NAFDD). The exclusive organization is reserved for criminal defense lawyers who are recognized as being the United States’ top defense attorneys. He was also selected as one of the top “40 under 40” Trial Lawyers in the country in 2013, and as one of the Top Lawyers in Florida by the Legal Network that same year. In 2022, he was inducted into the prestigious Lawyers of Distinction Network, achieved by only 1% of lawyers in the country. He has over one hundred and fifty (150) 5 STAR Google Reviews and has been rated a “10 out of 10” lawyer by AVVO since 2011.
Generations of Legal Experience
Justin K. Beckham is the only 4th generation trial lawyer in Miami-Dade County history. His great-grandfather, Walter H. Beckham, served as one of the first Juvenile Judges in Miami.
His grandfather, Walter H. Beckham Jr., is a Professor Emeritus at the University of Miami Law School and served as President of the National Judicial College. His father, James K. Beckham, focuses his practice on personal injury litigation in Homestead, Florida. Justin is fully fluent in both written and spoken Spanish.
He is a member of the American Bar Association, the Dade County Bar Association, and the Dade County Trial Lawyers Association. Justin has been interviewed by numerous media outlets about criminal defense-related topics.
- Criminal Defense
- University of Florida College of Law, Gainesville, Florida
- Juris Doctorate
- Emory University, Atlanta, GA
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 1999
- Major: Political Science/Spanish
- Ransom Everglades High School, Coconut Grove, FL
- Florida, 2002
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida, 2007
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Operator/Technician of the Intoxilyzer 8000
- Inclusion in the Super Lawyers® Rising Stars℠ list in the areas of Criminal Defense and DUI, 2010-2012 and 2015
- The National Advocacy for DUI Defense, LLC (NAFDD), Member
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (FACDL), Member
- American Bar Association (ABA), Member
- Cuban American Bar Association (CABA), Member
- Dade County Trial Lawyers Association (DCTLA), Member
- Dade County Bar Association (DCBA), Member
- Former Assistant Miami-Dade County Public Defender