Marijuana Defense Lawyers in Miami
Beckham Solis, Attorneys at Law: Aggressive Defense for Drug Charges
Our state is close to getting a public vote to legalize medical marijuana. Until it does, the possession of marijuana, pot, ganja, kush weed, or 420 in Miami will lead to some of the stiffest penalties in the nation. Marijuana drug crimes carry both fines and imprisonment as possible penalties. Oddly enough, these penalties and tough laws have not prevented our state from reaching the number one spot for indoor production of marijuana.
If you are facing marijuana charges, put an experienced criminal defense team in your corner. Our Miami marijuana defense attorneys at Beckham Solis, Attorneys at Law can advise you of your rights and fight to protect you inside and outside of the criminal courtroom. We have over 35+ years of collective experience to apply to your case.
Contact us today for a free consultation regarding your marijuana charges in the Miami-Dade area.
Marijuana Penalties in Florida
Possession, distribution, or cultivation of 20 grams or less is a misdemeanor with penalties of 1 year in jail and a $1,000 fine.
The following is a summary of the penalties for various marijuana offenses:
- Possession of 20 grams or more is a felony, punishable by 5 years in prison and a $5,000 fine.
- Possession of 25 or more plants is a felony, punishable by 15 years in prison and a $10,000 fine.
- Distribution or cultivation of 25 pounds or less is a felony, punishable by 5 years in prison and a $5000 fine.
- Distribution or cultivation of 25 to 2,000 pounds is a felony, punishable by a minimum of 3 years in prison and a $25,000 fine.
- Distribution or cultivation of 2,000 to 10,000 pounds is a felony, punishable by a minimum of 7 years in prison and $50,000 in fines.
- Distribution or cultivation of 10,000 lbs. or more is a felony, punishable by a minimum of 15 years in prison and a $200,000 fine.
- If you are convicted of a marijuana crime, you will also be facing driver license suspension for 6 months to 2 years.
Looking for a Competent Miami Marijuana Charges Attorney?
If you are facing charges for marijuana drug crimes, call Beckham Solis, Attorneys at Law now. We have over six decades of combined experience and positive results in criminal defense and our record at trial is our best recommendation to you. From getting bond reduction to achieving positive case outcomes in a range of drug crime cases, we are proud of our trial record of acquittals.
We have taken hundreds of cases to trial, fought, and won our clients' freedom. Do not gamble and choose a less qualified firm; call (305) 290-1884 today if you were arrested for a marijuana offense!