Justin K. Beckham
Get to Know Our Miami Criminal Defense Lawyer
Since 2002, Justin K. Beckham has exclusively practiced Criminal Defense
in Miami-Dade County. After earning the highest award in the University
of Miami Moot Court program during law school, he joined the Office of
the Miami-Dade County Public Defender.
He successfully defended thousands of clients at the Juvenile, Misdemeanor,
and Felony Levels, taking nearly 50 cases to trial and earning several
acquittals. He began his own law practice in 2006, concentrating in criminal
cases with a specialization in DUI Defense. Along with the work of his
Helmuth Solis, Justin’s DUI knowledge and experience led to over 50 DUI dismissals
during the calendar year of 2010.
Accolades & Credentials
Justin was included in the
Super Lawyers® Rising Stars℠ list in the area of Criminal Defense and DUI from 2010 through 2012,
and 2015, an award bestowed to only the top 2.5% of practicing attorneys
in the State of Florida. Furthermore, the attorney has also been accepted
as a member of The National Advocacy for DUI Defense, LLC (or NAFDD).
The exclusive organization is reserved for criminal defense lawyers who
are recognized as being the United States' top DUI defense attorneys.
Less than 1% of licensed lawyers in the state of Florida are members of NAFDD.
Generations of Legal Experience
Justin K. Beckham is the only 4th generation trial lawyer in Miami-Dade
County history. His great-grandfather, Walter H. Beckham, served as one
of the first Juvenile Judges in Miami.
His grandfather, Walter H. Beckham Jr., is a Professor Emeritus at the
University of Miami Law School, and served as President of the National
Judicial College. His father, James K. Beckham, focuses his practice on
personal injury litigation in Homestead, Florida. Justin is fully fluent
in both written and spoken Spanish. He is a member of the American Bar
Association, the Dade County Bar Association, and the Dade County Trial
Lawyers Association. As a lawyer with extensive knowledge in DUI defense,
Justin has been interviewed in the media about DUI-related topics. For
examples, radio station 940 AM WINZ, The Sports Animal has turned to him
for insight on DUI dos and don'ts.
Memberships & Associations
Justin K. Beckham was born and raised in Miami, Florida, and graduated
from Ransom Everglades High School in Coconut Grove, Florida. He received
his undergraduate degree from Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia, and
his law degree from both the University of Florida and the University of Miami.
- Former Assistant Miami-Dade County Public Defender
- Defended thousands of criminal cases at every level including Juvenile,
Misdemeanor and Felony in Miami-Dade County
Inclusion in the
Super Lawyers® Rising Stars℠ list in the areas of Criminal Defense and DUI, 2010-2012 and 2015
- Practicing criminal law exclusively in Miami-Dade County since 2002
- Member of Florida Bar since 2002
- Doctorate Degree from University of Florida and the University of Miami
- Undergraduate Degree from Emory University
- Member, The National Advocacy for DUI Defense, LLC (NAFDD)
- Member, Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (FACDL)
- Member, American Bar Association (ABA)
- Member, Cuban American Bar Association (CABA)
- Member, Dade County Trial Lawyers Association (DCTLA)
- Member, Dade County Bar Association (DCBA)
- Certified Operator/Technician of the Intoxilyzer 8000