Fighting For Your Freedom And Your Future After An Internet-Related Charge
The internet has revolutionized so much of our lives over the last few decades, but with its innovations have also come a new kind of criminal offense: internet sex crimes. This is an umbrella term that describes internet user activity that is meant to illegally solicit sexual activity, or view or distribute illegal sexual media. These offenses are serious and because they so often involve or imply interstate or even international activity and are therefore often considered federal crimes.
If you have been charged with an internet sex crime on either the state or federal level, we implore you to contact our lawyers at Beckham Solis, Attorneys at Law. Our award-winning and sought-after team benefits from more than 35-plus years of combined experience and the insight of a former Miami-Dade prosecutor. We have the resources, knowledge and diligence to ensure that any avenue toward a favorable outcome will be aggressively and diligently pursued.
What Is An Internet Sex Crime?
Internet sex crime is a broad term that can describe a variety of different offenses. In these cases, law enforcement and prosecutors will claim that the accused used the web to facilitate illegal sexual activity. Common examples of internet sex crimes include:
- Possession of child pornography (digital photos and videos)
- Distribution of child pornography (digital photos and videos)
- Solicitation of a child
- Obscenity charges
No two internet sex crime cases are alike, but, many times, these charges result from misunderstandings, ignorance or outright deception. That is why it is so very critical that a clear depiction of circumstances is asserted in these cases. Our attorneys offer experienced counsel related to any type of internet sex crime, including:
- Sextortion, a newer offense that involves the use of personal information to extort sexually explicit images or favors from victims.
- Cyberstalking, which may or may not be sexual in nature, but may involve extortion or blackmail using sexually explicit material online, on social media or via email.
- Web-based sex trafficking, which may involve the use of websites or web-based advertising to carry out any aspect of a sex trafficking operation.
- Child pornography, which includes the web-based possession, sale or distribution of sexually explicit material involving children.
Our internet sex crime attorneys are well-versed in harnessing both character and electronic evidence and making sure that our clients receive every consideration from the judge and jury.
Facing Internet Sex Crime Charges Or Allegations? Call Us Today.
There is no time to waste if you have been accused of any internet sex crime. You must remember that you have the right to legal counsel. You are also innocent until proven guilty, and guilt must be proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. Using every possible aspect of the constitution and our justice system to your advantage, our Miami internet sex crime attorneys are ready to see how we can defend you. Call 786-785-2101 or contact us online today!