Your DUI Defense In Miami-Dade County
If you answer “YES” to any of the questions below, you may have an excellent defense to your DUI case.
Regarding The Stop
- Did the police pull you over for no reason?
- Did the police tell you a reason, but issued you a citation for a different reason?
- Was your vehicle parked when the police first came in contact with you?
- Did you pull over as soon as you became aware you were being stopped?
- Did you pull over without weaving or swerving?
- Were you stopped by the police at a DUI checkpoint?
- Were you outside the vehicle when the police arrived?
Regarding The Field Sobriety Tests
- Did the police officer fail to inform you that the field sobriety tests are voluntary?
- Did nervousness or exhaustion affect your performance on the field sobriety tests?
- Did you have any physical problems, which would affect your performance on the field sobriety tests?
- After you were placed under arrest, did the police read you your Miranda warnings?
- Were the field sobriety tests performed close to or on the roadway?
- Did the officer administer the tests on a surface which was not well lit, clean and flat?
- Did you perform the tests with high heels on?
Regarding The Breath Test
- Did the police “persuade” you into taking the breath test?
- Did the police tell you to “keep blowing” during the breath test?
- Did the police need several breathalyzer attempts to get a final reading?
- Did the police fail to observe you for 20 minutes prior to the test?
- Were you wearing removable dentures during the breath test?
- Did you consume your last alcoholic drink within one hour of taking the breath test?
- Is your breath reading below a .11?
- Is there a variation in the breath readings?