Have You Been Accused Of Identity Theft Or Medicare Billing Fraud?
If you have been accused of stealing Medicare information, committing Medicare billing fraud, falsely claiming benefits or committing any type of criminal offense related to Medicare, you have the right to involve an attorney who can counteract any related investigation, warrant or charge. With federal agents and prosecutors fighting to put you behind bars, your attorney will be the only person with the power to put your interests first.
Serving Miami-Dade County, we at Beckham Solis, Attorneys at Law, are prepared to deliver results-driven representation in the face of Medicare fraud charges. Challenging federal charges of any kind can be difficult, as it will mean battling against federal agencies and the U.S. Attorney’s Office, which have considerable resources and experienced personnel to pursue convictions. Our Miami Medicare fraud attorneys have resources and experience of our own.
Common Medicare Fraud Defense Strategies
We take on Medicare fraud cases involving:
- Submitting false claims
- Engaging in fraudulent billing
- Creating false records
- Offering or accepting kickbacks
- Theft of Medicare numbers
Understanding The Penalties For Medicare Fraud
A conviction for Medicare fraud can carry harsh penalties. The penalties will depend on the nature of the offense as well as any consequences of the alleged act or scheme:
- Submitting a false claim, fraudulent Medicare billing or creating false records may be charged under the False Claims Act, punishable by up to five years in prison and fines of up to $250,000.
- Accepting or offering kickbacks in connection with Medicaid may be charged under the Anti-Kickback Statute, punishable by up to five years in prison and fines of up to $250,000. Future participation in Medicare programs may also be prohibited.
- General Medicare fraud, which may include any act or scheme to defraud Medicare, may be punishable by up to 10 years in prison, plus up to $250,000 in fines.
Civil penalties for Medicare fraud may also be imposed, including an $11,000 fine for every false claim and a $50,000 fine for every kickback. The government may also assess a fine of up to triple the amount of financial damages it suffered as a result of Medicare fraud.
For A Free Consultation, Call Today
At Beckham Solis, Attorneys at Law, we offer a free initial consultation to discuss your Medicare fraud charges. This is the perfect opportunity for you to get information regarding your existing options, whether formal charges have been filed or you are currently under investigation for alleged fraud. You can make educated choices that are in your best interests, thus protecting your future.
Contact our Miami Medicare fraud lawyers today at 305-564-4329 or reach out to us online and put our dedicated team in your corner!